Soup is always the perfect meal, no matter what time of year it is. Add a nice green salad and crunchy bread and your meal is complete. Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is always a favorite at our house.
We like to have the toppings in individual bowls so each person can load up their own bowl of soup. Being able to plug in the crock pot or slow cooker in the morning and have a meal at the end of the day is one of my favorite things.
This recipe is fairly simple, low-cost and delicious. It’s definitely a family favorite for us and on the menu plan quite often.
Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
4 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
small onion – chopped fine
2 cloves garlic
8 – 10 medium potatoes (peeled and cut in 1/2 inch chunks)
1 cup milk
12 oz shredded cheese (you can skip the cheese and just add it as a topping)
You will start off with 4 quarts of chicken or vegetable stock as the base of the loaded baked potato soup. Then you will add the onion, garlic and potatoes, cover and cook for 6 hours. Stir in the milk and cheese and dinner is served.
- 4 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- small onion – chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 – 10 medium potatoes (peeled and cut in ½ inch chunks)
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz shredded cheese
- Add chicken base to 5 quart or larger crock pot
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 – 6 hours, until potatoes are soft.
- Mash potatoes (I use hand masher) until all potatoes are fine pieces.
- Add 1 cup milk and 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well. (if you want soup any thicker, slowly add instant mashed potatoes, if you are not careful, you will have loaded mashed potatoes, if that happens, just thin with more milk)
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream (we used ranch dip), real bacon bits and more cheese. Enjoy!!
Be sure to follow us on -> Pinterest!
What is your favorite soup crock pot recipe?