Spending much of my spare time building furniture from reclaimed pallets has almost become a full time job. I started out focusing on headboards, have thrown in a few signs and smaller things and am now adding furniture to the mix. Having reliable tools and products to use definitely makes the process much easier to navigate. Visit our Etsy Page for a full furniture selection! We specialize in custom orders!
Here a few of my must have DIY building products and supplies that I couldn’t live without.
1. Gorilla Glue; Love this stuff! I use the wood Gorilla Glue for all my headboards and other wood projects.
2. Nail gun! Do I need to say anymore? Helps me complete a project in half the time.
3. Miter Saw. It looks intimidating, but once you get over your fear of power tools, it really is not that hard to use.
4. Foam brushes. Love these! These brushes allow you to quickly paint/glue/stain any project in a variety of sizes and then throw them in the trash or quickly rinse them off.
5. Paint markers. You can use them on any material, and they come in various colors.
6. Spray Paint: you don’t always need a brush to create a masterpiece and easy clean up!
7. Scraps of wood. SO many things can be made from scraps! I save way too many pieces.
8. T-bar. A T-bar is used mostly to cut drywall boards, but I love to use it for keeping my headboards square. It is two giant rulers put together in the shape of a letter T.
9. Pencils! You can never have too many pencils to use to make rough drafts of your projects or to help use to mark measurements. I always have at least two sticking out of my hair when assembling a headboard:)
10. The last and most important thing to have…drive. A drive to try something new even when you have no clue; a drive to keep going even though you don’t know what the end will look like.