I am always looking for ways to make good food, quickly. I don’t like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but we need to eat! I’ll have to admit that hubby does most of the cooking and I do most of the planning and shopping. This No Bake Cheery Cheesecake dessert is something I have been making for 25+ years. It’s been a family favorite for a long time and I make sure the ingredients are always on hand. A few years ago, I updated the recipe to add a few healthy twists. Greek yogurt, light cream cheese and reducing the confectioner’s sugar took away some of the fat and calories. Even though I am trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I still eat the occasional dessert. It’s all about moderation. Eliminating a food or food group completely never works for me, so an occasional treat is something I can enjoy guilt free. This recipe for No Bake Cherry Cheesecake is perfect to take to a pot luck dinner or it would look great on a holiday table!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can whip it up in less than 20 minutes. In hour home cherry is usually the favorite topping, but I have used blueberry, raspberry and blackberry too. You could easily add fresh fruit instead of canned pie filling. This is a very versatile recipe that you can customize to your favorite flavors.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers - crushed or 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 packages (8 oz) Light cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz Light Cool Whip Thawed
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 can lite pie filling (cherry and blueberry are our favorites)
- Spread graham crackers onto bottom of 9 x 9 pan
- Beat cream cheese,yogurt and confectioner's sugar on medium until smooth.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Add cream cheese mixture on top of graham crackers.
- Top with pie filling.
- Refigerate until ready to serve
Have you made a no bake cherry cheesecake before? What topping flavor is your favorite?