Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
While I have never thought about myself as Irish, I do have some Irish heritage. My maternal grandmother’s maiden name was Flannigan, so I assume that gives me some Irish blood. Even though, I have never claimed to be Irish, I’ll take their food traditions any way I can get them.
This Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage (I bet you noticed there is carrots and potatoes in there, too) was so easy and delicious! I do have to admit I was a bit surprised by how much the meat shrank during the cooking process. The 4 lb brisket looked very small after 8 hours in the crock pot. After it was shredded, there was plenty of meat to go around. Cutting down on meat consumption is a good thing anyway.
I hope you have a chance to enjoy some Irish fare over the next few days. Don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, too much. Enjoy!
- Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 8 Large Red Potatoes – chunked
- 2 bags baby carrots
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 lbs corned beef brisket with spice packet
- Brown mustard
- 12 oz beer
- 3 cups water
- Medium Head Cabbage coarsely chopped.
- Put carrots, potatoes and onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Pour in water.
- Rub brown mustard on brisket & Place in crock pot.
- Pour beer over top of all and sprinkle spice packet on meat.
- Cook in crock pot on high for 6 hours
- Add cabbage and cook another 1 to 2 hours on low or until vegetables are soft.
- Your meat temperature should be at least 145 degrees to be done.