Fall is such a special time of year. Changing leaves, cool evenings, apple picking and football season are just around the corner. I cannot wait for the change of seasons to take place. Witnessing the way God transforms nature is amazing.
We are blessed with a bounty of apples each fall. Finding new ways to use our harvest is something I enjoy immensely. Creating this Apple Pie Smoothie recipe was a way to enjoy the taste of pie without all the fat and calories. I hope you enjoy the new recipe as much as I do.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner an Apple Pie Smoothie can be enjoyed any time of the day. It also makes a great snack or dessert without the guilt. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Smoothie
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 C of ice
1 C of almond milk
2 TBSP of maple syrup
1/2 C of oats, soaked
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of all-spice
1 tsp of vanilla
-Soak the oats over night in the almond milk.
– Put soaked oats in a blender.
-Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, all-spice and vanilla, blend well.
-Once blended add the apples and ice.
– Continue blending until smooth and creamy.
If the smoothie is too thick, you can add additional almond milk.
I hope you enjoy the great tastes of fall with this Apple Pie Smoothie.
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- ½ C of ice
- 1 C of almond milk
- 2 TBSP of maple syrup
- ½ C of oats, soaked
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of all-spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- -Soak the oats in the almond milk over night.
- - Put soaked oats in a blender.
- -Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, all-spice and vanilla, blend well.
- -Once blended add the apples and ice.
- - Continue blending until smooth and creamy.
Do you make smoothies at home?